(click on pictures to see a larger image)
Note: Let’s Play re-opened March 3rd under new management and the new Name “Fun N’ More’ after undergoing extensive renovations.
See my review of Fun N’ More for more information
Location map http://www.letsplaycalgary.com/
Address: 146 13226 Macleod Trail S.E.(Macleod and Canyon Meadows)
Gordie's Review (22 months old) – Did you like going to that play place? “Yes!” What was the best part? “The balls!”
Cost: $6.48 for ages 1-2, $9.48 for ages 3 and older, children under 1 are free and adults are $2.
Age Range: 0-12.
Footwear: Socks. Socks can be purchased if you forget.
Safety Features/Concerns: Children and adults get matching wrist bands that get checked and cut off at the door. The doors in and out have to be unlocked by the staff at the front. The toddler area is gated but the latch doesn’t always latch properly.
Play Area Features: Huge 4 level indoor playground structure with climbers, ball pits, a big ball room, tunnel slides, a huge roller slide – children under 4 should be accompanied. Toddler area (3 and under) tree house, climber, ball pit and plastic toys. There is also a carousel that requires tokens. Games area has redemption games that take tokens including air hockey, wack-a mole, cyclone.
Additional Services: They have 4 theme rooms and host birthday parties, Christmas parties, and corporate events. They also do group bookings for groups of 8 or more.
Food Services: Fast food style concession with a large eating area that doubles as seating for parents.
Overall Assessment: My husband and I took Gordie to Let’s Play on a Friday morning during the teacher’s convention. Although I had expected it to be busier than usual for a Friday morning, I hadn’t considered the fact that some before and after school programs might be visiting. There were two groups there that day (of 25 and 50 kids) which made it a little bit more difficult for us to get the full experience.
The kids in the big climber seemed to be having a lot of fun, but it was much too busy for us to take Gordie. Even though the rest of the play place was a bit of a zoo, the toddler area was pretty quiet. The biggest draw was the ball pit. Gordie loved putting the balls into the little basketball net and seeing them fall back into the balls.
The ambiance at Let’s Play is a little more stark than some of the other indoor play areas but the play value is still there. If you are looking to sit and have coffee with a friend while you watch your kids play, it would probably be best if your kids are 4 or older so they are old enough to play independently in the big climber. The toddler area has places that adults can sit, but the eating/coffee area is set too far back to allow you to monitor your little ones. The eating/coffee area is a good size with lots of natural light and even though it was busy there were lots of seats. Overall, I was disappointed with our trip to Let’s Play, but I’d like to go back when it’s not so busy and I am confident we’d have a great time.
Have you been to this play place? Have a suggestion for a playground review? Would you like to write a guest review? Write your thoughts in the comments.
This place is awesome, but it's dirty to a point that my skin crawls. The bathrooms are disgusting, the food is disgusting, it takes forever to get in the front door if you go when it's busy. 40% of the arcade games work and the ones that do are half broken or from the year 1980. And I've seen some machines broken there for a couple of years now, literally. It's almost like they're using it as storage for broken games.
ReplyDeleteThey really need to hire someone to keep the place's hygiene and general operations under control. It's like it's run by someone without any attention to detail or process, just hires people and the only instruction to staff is "Go for it."
I totally agree with the above comment. We live near Stir Crazy and love how clean it is. I had to bring my kids to Lets Play for a birthday party and was shocked at how filthy the place was. My kids had white/beige socks on and after a couple of hours they were black. I doubt they clean the playgym at all and the floor was disgusting like they've never vacuumed the place since they opened! Bathroom was decent but the party rooms were outdated, arcade games outdated...I was amazed people pay to go there. If the patrons knew how much cleaner all the other play areas were they would never take their kids back to Lets Play again. I get that Lets Play is older but come on...clean the place! On the other hand my girls loved the ballpit but we arent going back.
ReplyDeleteI have been here a few times when my daughter was smaller. It is a crazy zoo on days when kids are not in school. It is an older play area, so it doesn't have that nice new clean feel that some of the new play areas have. I was there on a day when it wasn't overly busy, and I've seen them clean the floors in the tower, and remove all the balls from the toddler area and replace them with new balls, so I know first hand that it is clean. I think it just gives that dirty appearance because it is much older.
ReplyDeleteI agree that it is hard to supervise your child while sitting in the sitting area, I do however think the price for smaller children is very reasonable.
Totally changed with reno. has indoor skating rink, seems to be much smaller climber part. We only looked at it from the door, decided not to go in.
ReplyDeleteSister just went there with her kids, says it was brutal. More expensive than the website says, games were broken, golfing and the skating cost extra. Kids, aged 7 and 5 1/2 were bored after about an hour and a half.
ReplyDeleteThey were there once before the reno, it was much better. Now the skating rink takes up half the place, way less play structures.
Not worth the cost, will never go back.
We won't go back either. Filthy bathrooms. The 'locked' front gate was not well monitored by the front desk cashier.
ReplyDelete