(click on pictures to see a larger image)
Location map
Community: Coral Springs – Coral Springs Blvd between Coral Springs Mews and Coral Keys Drive
Parking: Free street parking.
Gordie’s Review (2 years old): Loved the climbing wall!
Age Range: 2-5 years, adult exercise equipment
Ground Cover: pea gravel
Features: toddler climber with double slide, climbing wall and musical panel; two seater bouncer; 2 swings (1 toddler); two adult exercise stations
Surrounding Park Area: this playground is tucked in behind Coral Springs Blvd along a bike path
Shade: some mature trees provide shade in the play area
Seating: 1 bench
Stroller/wheelchair access: bike paths provide access to the play area but not inside
Overall assessment: This tot lot is smaller than playgrounds I normally review but it has a few features that I really like. It’s somewhat unusual in that it has two adult exercise stations right next to the playground. I really like the idea of being able to do some exercise while the kids play. The attractive rock wall helps keep the kids in making the space pretty safe too. The toddler climber is small but well thought out. The stairs provide a way to get up that even the youngest kids can use. Once there, there’s a music panel that is unlikely to break and a double slide to reduce fights. The climbing wall provides a challenge for the older toddler/preschoolers.
I wouldn’t really recommend travelling very far to get to this playground but it’s a great example of what you can do with a small space and a small budget.
Have you been to this playground? Have a suggestion for a playground review? Would you like to write a guest review? Write your thoughts in the comments.
This is pretty close to me, I will have to check it out. Thanks!
ReplyDelete