Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Taralake Link Playground

Location    map
Community:
Taradale – Taradale Link NE
Parking: free street parking

DSC_0290

Gordie's Review (3.5 years old) – “what did you think of this playground?” “It was a big playground. I couldn’t climb it”
Age Range:5-12
Ground Cover: pea gravel
Features: Challenging climber, saddle slide, 2 motorcycle bouncers, 2 swings (1 baby), spinner, teeter-totter.
Surrounding Park Area: .
Shade: little to none. Young trees have been planted.
Seating: a couple of picnic tables and benches.
Accessibility: There is a pathway up to the playground but there is not accessibility within the play area.
.
Overall Assessment: The equipment at this playground is really different from most in Calgary. It would be pretty challenging for most kids under 5, but this playground does have a some other equipment that younger kids will enjoy. Gordie tried to climb around but had a lot of difficulty. He attempted to go down the slide, but decided against it. I tried it though and it was pretty fun but a little scary! Older kids, on the other hand, will love testing their skills on this playground.
 
DSC_0298

DSC_0288

DSC_0289

DSC_0291

DSC_0292

DSC_0293

DSC_0294

DSC_0295

1 comment:

  1. This park is about a 10 minute walk from my house. I hope your visit there was more welcoming then mine! A woman and a child from one of the houses across the street from the park came to the park to play, after awhile we got to chatting and she said when she moved there she said she though the park was going to be for the houses around the park only and not for everyone to use!! Then she asked if I lived around there. I was shocked!

    ReplyDelete